Nov 20, 2009

Romen, how could you be so delicious?!


Hi there everyone and hi to Marco =D!!!!

Thank you for your email on Romen recipe request Marco XD!
I am not sure how far you want to go for it so.... for this time, I would use instant noodle that you probably can get over there in Italy...... Do you have them over there?!?!?!



I think in Japan, we have so many instant noodle available.
Here above are some of me and my family's favorite kind.

From the left, that is my fav. "Miso-ramen" from Sapporo Ichiban corp. This company has been dedicated themselves to make so many noodles in the past and successfully noted for that noodles. * Miso is a traditional Japanese seasoning, fermented soybean paste. Probably known as miso in some places overseas by now?

The middle one is "Umaka-cchan" from House foods corp, this one is tonkotsu (pig bone) based soup. This one is my Mom's favorite. I like it pretty much as well especially in winter time. The tonkotsu soup will warm your body up nicely :).

The right one is "Kin-chan ramen" from Nisshin foods corp. So as Sapporo Ichiban, this company is also really famous for the noodles. This is my brother's fav :). My Dad.... he eats anything XD. So he will be happy with any of these.


So now, how to make ne?
With these instant noodles aka ra-men, wonderful powder soup will come with it. The soup is pretty good so I think we do not have to make our own soup spending hours (and it might end up with bad soup). Well if you want to go for it Marco, I will explain on it with other blog ne ;). Do ask me :D.

OK, maybe there will be 3 points.
1) How to boil the noodle.
2) How to make the soup (this is so easy with the powder soup come with it).
3) Choose the toppings.

Since the noodle will be done in 2-3 minutes, let's decide what you want for the topping.
Oh found some interesting page on Internet, the ranking of my favorite ra-men toppings.

Those who would like to try reading in Japanese go jump the link page ;)!!
No.1: Cha-shu- (roast pork)
No.2: Menma (Chinese bamboo shoots that have been dried, soaked in water and then seasoned for use in cooking)
No.3: Aonegi (green onion, chopped to small pieces)
No.4: Nitamago (boiled sweeten egg) ----- I LOVE THIS!!!!! I do not make this at home though :p
No.5: Moyashi (bean sprouts)

Hummmm this is getting pretty long, isn't it? and probably I have not come close to what you really want to know Marco. Those toppings are something we choose at the ra-men shops, we have different line-up of toppings at home. Since some of them are pretty time consuming.....

Erm... let me come back on this a bit later!!!! Chotto mattete-------- m(. .)m



No comments:

Post a Comment